Monday, January 28, 2013

Color Color Everywhere

Color - primary colors, secondary colors, pastels, brights - so many shades of color how does one choose?  Well, for me (and probably a lot of crafters) I live by my color wheel!  No matter if I am choosing paper or fabric, my color wheel is in my hand or on my craft table - never out of my reach. 

Typically I have that one piece of fabric or paper that my design is being created around - that is the easy part - now comes the color wheel part.  I like to choose color opposites, you know, purple and green, or blue and orange, but that doesn't always make a pleasing design which then leads to complimentary colors like purple and blue or yellow and green.  Of course, you have to take into account pastel shades, deep rich shades, or primary colors like you find in a box of Crayola crayons.  It's a lot to think about, I know:) 

We can see the color wheel in action in nature - green blades of grass with bright yellow dandelions scattered throughout, white birch trees and green leaves, the blue sky with white puffy clouds floating across the horizon, or what about a rainbow or an evening skyline.  God created such beautiful ways to display the color wheel.

Do you have a particular design just doesn't look quite the way you see it in your mind?  A color wheel can help with that (and maybe a trip to your favorite scrapbook store or quilt shop).  Print one from an online venue or find one as you shop for fabric or paper - I am sure you will find it very helpful!

Happy color crafting!!!

Kim


No comments:

Post a Comment